Written By Barbara Cast; Photography By Barbara Veronika Photography
It’s Summertime! So many hours to have fun, explore, adventure, make memories, and relax! Here is part one of a three part series of several activities, that your teen might enjoy!
1. Fun Entertainment – Does your teen enjoy doing ALL THE THINGS? Then, let him go wild at MB2 Entertainment in the Santa Clarita Valley for some fun! According to their website, MB2 offers a “65-game arcade, axe throwing, bumper boats, duck pin bowling, eats & drinks, golf simulator, karting (kart racing and drift karting), New York City-themed laser tag, mini-golf, and virtual reality!” Please visit the website for requirements and prices for each activity. You can even throw a birthday party here!
Address: 21516 Golden Triangle Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91350 (661) 753 -3413
2. Ice Skating Rink – Ready to hit the ice? The Cube offers public skating, hockey leagues for adults, youth, kids, kids with disabilities, figure skating lessons for all ages, figure skating camp and summer hockey camp, birthday parties, and catch a UCLA Men’s Hockey Game!
Address: 27745 Smyth Dr.. Valencia, CA 91355 (661) 257-CUBE (2823).
3. Escape Room – Do you like to play games? Connect with your inner Sherlock Holmes, gather your friends or family, and come to one of the Escape Rooms below to read the story/background, find the clues, and solve the puzzle to “escape” from the room. Each venue has different stories, a set time to solve the problem, and a maximum number of detectives to solve the puzzle. These rooms can be a fun time for birthday parties, date nights, team building exercises, and family time! Enjoy!
* Santa Clarita Escape Room offers the following stories: “The Agency” and “The Hideout.”
Address: Address: 23504 Lyons Ave #405B, Santa Clarita, CA 91321 (661) 527-2263.
* All Locked Up SCV offers the following stories: “The Garage,” “The Classroom,” “Aunt Debbie’s Apartment” and “The Morgue.”
Address: 18914 Soledad Canyon Rd. Canyon Country, Ca 91351 661-235-6969; firstname.lastname@example.org
* Architect Escape Rooms offers the following stories: “Tesla’s Secret,” “Orient Express,” “Houdini’s Hideout,” “Bonnie & Clyde’s Great Getaway,” “Rome,” and “Nuclear Apocalypse.”
Address: 7019 Reseda Blvd., Reseda, CA 91335 (818) 588-4480; email@example.com
* Enchanted Escape Room offers the following stories: “Spellbound,” “Taskforce Agency,” “Enchanted Forest,” “Genie Ransom,” and “Outdoor Murder Mystery.”
Address: 8300 Tampa Avenue Northridge, CA 91324 (818) 855-9951; firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Beach Bus to Santa Monica – Surf’s up! Come join the fun! According to their website, “We’re back! The City of Santa Clarita is once again offering rides to Santa Monica via the 2022 Summer Beach Bus. Operating on Saturdays and Sundays from June 4 through September 4. Summer Beach Bus fares are $3 each way for children and adults, and $1.50 each way for Senior Citizens and persons with disabilities.” Please visit their website link above to see times and access tickets.
5. Rooftop Movies – Imagine yourself on the rooftop of a building with beautiful views! Now add some chairs, popcorn, candy, soda, and your favorite movie! This scene describes the fun new way to watch a movie in Downtown LA, El Segundo, or West Hollywood! Catch a movie in a different way! See each theatre’s website for a current list of movies, details, and requirements.
According to the website, “Screenings starting at 4:30pm or later are strictly 18+. Bring your own blanket!”
Address: 1310 E Franklin Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245.
Age: 18+; Bring your own blanket!
Address: 4th Floor at Level, 888 South Olive St, Los Angeles, CA 90014.
*Rooftop Cinema Club Arts District: **Opening on June 29, 2022**
According to the website, “All screenings before 4:30pm are open to all ages. Screenings starting at 4:30pm or later are strictly 18+; Bring your own blanket!”
Address: 777 S. Alameda St. Los Angeles, CA 90021; 5th floor of Building 1 at ROW DTLA
6. Italian Eats – Enjoy the company of your friends with some delicious Italian food and great music! At Miceli’s Italian Restaurant, your servers break out in song in the middle of your dining experience, which brings a lot of fun and charm to your dining experience!
Address: 3655 Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90068; (323) 851-3344
Address: 1646 N Las Palmas Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028; (323) 466-3438
7. Bike Rental at Ventura Pier – Ready to spend some time with your friends exploring the pathway alongside Ventura Beach and Pier? Take in the beautiful views of the shore, the waves, the landscape, and the entertaining people-watching, while getting in some fun exercise on a bike!
At Wheel Fun Rentals at Ventura Pier, you can choose from various bike options: cruiser bike, hybrid bike, tandem bike, kids bike, tag along, chopper bike, quad sport bike, flat tire electric bike, electric bike, and different selections of surreys.
After your bike ride, you can rent a boogie board, umbrella, beach chair, and sand toys at the same place to enjoy an afternoon at the beach to catch some rays and waves!
Finish your day by grabbing a bite to eat at the different restaurants on the Ventura Pier.
Sounds like a fun day with your friends!
Address: Ventura Pier 850 Harbor Blvd. Ventura, California 93001; (805) 765-5795 or (805) 650-7770
8. Outdoor Movies Experience – Have you tried the latest movie trend? Sit and watch your favorite movie with your friends, surrounded by former Hollywood movie stars! According to Cinespia’s website, “Movie screenings are held outdoors on Fairbanks Lawn, an open grassy field inside Hollywood Forever Cemetery, under the stars.”
Be sure to bring a sweater to keep warm when the sun goes down. Bring your own tarp, blanket, pillows/cushions, and a chair (see strict requirements, so all can enjoy this experience).
They offer a photo booth with the option to purchase a photo, a DJ before and after the movie, a snack bar selling popcorn, candy, sodas, and restrooms.
Don’t forget to check out their other outdoor venues – Los Angeles State Historic Park and The Greek Theater. They also offer an indoor venue – Downtown Movie Plaza.
Address: 6000 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90038
Additional Parking available (see website for details).
Address: 1245 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Address: 2700 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027;
**As of this article’s print time, there are no movies listed at this venue.**
Address: Different venues each year. Please refer to their website for this year’s address.
Indoor event. Please see Covid protocols.
**As of this article’s print time, there are no movies listed at this venue.**
9. Ice Cream – Are you ready to try all the flavors? Be sure to grab some McConnell’s Fine Ice Cream to enjoy some fun and creative flavors. According to their website, their creative continuous and limited-time flavors consist of “vanilla grapefruit, earl grey & shortbread, honey & cornbread cookies, eureka lemon & marionberries, avaline rose & boysenberry milk jam, salted pretzel crunch, mapled blueberries & shortbread crumble, sprinkle cake, and chocolate-covered strawberries!” Need I say more about the fun flavors?
You can grab a scoop and walk down State Street to window shop, walk the pier and watch the boat float by, or sit and people watch.
Or, you can grab a scoop at their Funk Zone location, and go for a hunt of all the street art in the area.
Afterwards, you can put on your bathing suit and head over to West Beach or East Beach to enjoy the rays and waves!
Address: 120 State St. Suite B, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; (805) 324-4061;
Address: 728 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; (805) 324-4402.
10. Skate Park – Drop in at the City of Santa Clarita’s Skate Park where you can ride, carve, tweak tricks, and grind among your friends. According to their website, the City of Santa Clarita’s Skate Park “is one of the top destinations for skateboarders, BMX riders, rollerbladers, and scooter riders in Southern California. Our park is unlike any other you’ll find and offers a ton in terms of entertainment value, with various ledges, stairs, planters, banks, and other street obstacles. Other features include:
• A 9-foot and 6-foot clover bowl
• A U-shaped half pipe
• A 10-foot square bowl
• A variety of rails and ramps designed for skaters of all ages.”
They do offer a Junior Ride on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Registration required.
Please go to their website to read up on their rules and regulations, as well as their current hours.
Address: 20840 Centre Pointe Pkwy Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Need Lessons? Don’t know how to ride a skateboard, do any tricks, or want to learn more? Give Push Action Sports a call to schedule a private lesson!
Contact address – 661-433-5367; email@example.com; According to their website, “Please contact us before booking to confirm time, date, and location.”
Whichever activity you try out, keep this list handy, so you can come back throughout the years to get a taste, sip, glimpse, and experience Southern California! And, PLEASE SHARE THIS ARTICLE with your friends!
***Oh What Fun It Is To Explore – Go Enjoy & Make Some Memories***
***Please confirm all addresses, phone numbers, websites, and reservation/ticket purchases, before making your plans, as things may have changed after publishing this article.***